Monday, April 14, 2008

Dolphin Smalltak in PSPad

IMHO having a good editor and learn to use it is one of the most important things to do when working with computers. And it will save you a lot of time in the long run!!

A few years back I was using UltraEdit until I discovered PSPad. PSPad offers everything I needed and it is free. It also has the concept of scripts written in JScript, VBScript and Python. As the object model also supports COM it's also possible to access external COMponents.

Some time ago I read a blog entry Phasing out TextPad in favor of NOTEPAD++ when I got the idea to embed the workspace text functions of Dolphin Smalltalk into PSPad. Here is what I came up with:


Demo/Installation

  • Load the "US Dolphin COM Evaluator.pac" package. The install scripts register the coclass and interface automatically.
  • Register the type library "dolphineval.tlb". You can do this directly from within Dolphin.
  • Copy "DolphinSmalltalk.js" into PSPad's Script\JScript directory
  • Enjoy Dolphin Smalltalk in PSPad!!!




Flash plugin not installed or too old!


Get Adobe Flash player




No comments: